Many people, including migrant laborers, had lost their jobs due to the lockdown. Due to which they had a problem ranging from livelihood to food.To help such people, the government announced free Ration under One Nation, One Ration Card. Under this, people living in any state can take advantage of this scheme. The Union Ministry of Food (Food Ministry) has asked for the ration card to be linked with Aadhaar. So that they continue to enjoy the benefits of the facility. Its last date is 30 September.
However, it was also clarified by the Ministry that people who have not yet got their ration cards linked to Aadhaar, will not get the benefit of the facility. They will continue to get ration as before. During this time, their ration card will also not be cancelled, but if Aadhaar is linked to it, they will get ease in future. So far, 90 percent of the total 23.5 crore ration cards have been linked to Aadhaar. 10 percent people are yet to join it. If you have not yet added it from Aadhaar, you can complete this process in minutes by following the tips given below.
Process of linking Aadhaar to Ration Card :-
1. You can resort to online process to link the Ration Card to Aadhaar. For this, you have to go to the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) – uidai.gov.in.
2. After that you have to log in to it. Then you have to click on the option.
3. Here you have to fill your address details. In which your district and state will have to be selected.
4. After this, select ‘Ration Card’ benefit type and select ‘Ration Card’ scheme.
5. In the next step you have to fill some personal details. Such as your ration card number, Aadhaar number, e-mail address and mobile number.
6. Once done, one-time password (OTP) will come on your registered mobile. After putting it on the website, a notification will appear on the screen to complete the process. Please post it.
7. After the completion of the last process, the application will be verified and after verification your ration card, Aadhaar card will be added.