In India, the validity of a passport is 10 years for those above 18 years of age. It needs to be renewed before it expires. Applicants who wish to renew their passports can book an appointment and make the payment on the official website. However, to complete the formalities they need to visit the regional passport office.
Steps to renew your Passport online:-
- Register for the passport renewal on Passport Seva’s official website – www.passportindia.gov.in.
- After logging into your passport account, click on the option ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’
- Now fill up the application form for passport renewal
- Further, click on the option ‘Schedule Appointment’ to book a slot as per your convenience
- Visit the passport centre along with necessary documents on the scheduled date and time
- You can renew Indian passport up to 1 year before expiry or within three years after it has expired.
- Yes, police verification is required for renewing your passport as well in India.
- Validity of an Indian passport is 10 years
- While passport renewal, you are supposed to submit your old passport with the other supporting documents for processing. Your old passport will be stamped as ‘cancelled’ and returned along with the new passport.
- No, applicants are not required to carry photographs now. Passport officials click applicants photograph at the passport office.
- The Government of India announced that an individual can apply for passport renewal from anywhere in India irrespective of the applicant’s residential address. An applicant can choose any RPO (Regional Passport Office) and the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) for submitting the renewal application